Peppermint essential oil is one of the best-selling essential oils doTERRA has. In fact, it comes in nearly every enrollment kit we sell, and even the introductory kit that has lemon, lavender, and peppermint in it. The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint so it’s a little sweet and very cooling. I love using peppermint oil in my water or iced tea over the summer, or even in a spray bottle of water spritzed on myself or my kids for a quick cool-down in the Texas heat. Peppermint essential oil was a lifesaver during pregnancy for occasional motion or morning sickness.
Peppermint essential oil comes in three forms with doTERRA. We have the straight oil which is great for making your own blends or adding to your beverage of choice. Peppermint Touch is a pre-diluted roller bottle that is perfect for on-the-go or using on your kiddos to help repel bugs. Last, we have peppermint essential oil beadlets. They’re little vegetarian beadlets that delivers a drop of peppermint oil to freshen breath, help with digestion, or soothe a stomach.*
If you’re looking for quality essential oils, make sure you only get the best– Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade— so that you know they’re safe to use on even the littlest members of your family. And when you decide you need the best, make sure you get the best price, too. Click here for how so you don’t spend any more than you need to when caring for your family in a more natural way!
Peppermint Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Promotes healthy respiratory function and clearer breathing*
- Taken internally, it aids in digestion*
- Natural bug repellant
- In a shot glass of water, add a drop of peppermint essential oil and lemon essential oil before swishing in your mouth for a refreshing rinse.
- Take one to two drops in a capsule or beadlet to settle an occasional stomach
- Add a drop of peppermint, Wild Orange, and Frankincense essential oils in your hands before inhaling for a midday pick-me-up
- Use with Lavender and Frankincense for a soothing, cooling, AND warming massage
- Rub on temples for a refreshing morning wake up
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid