Every Christmas, I try to pack in as many Christmas-related activities as I possibly can. Christmas all day, err’day, if you will. Matthew’s favorite Christmas movie this year is How the Grinch Stole Christmas, so I figured Grinch lollipops would be the perfect pre-nap activity for us.
Of course, it was a little over his head to catch the meaning of a heart sprinkle inside of a Grinch-colored lollipop, but one day, he’ll have that lightbulb moment and I’ll get to laugh over it. These would be super cute for a class Christmas party (they’re nearly ENTIRELY allergy-friendly), treats for the neighbors, or even just a little snack in their stockings. As far as Christmas candy goes, this is about the easiest one you can make.
What’s your favorite Christmas treat? For more easy family activities, make sure you subscribe to soTEXANblog over there on the right so that they’ll come straight to your inbox!
Grinch Lollipops Recipe
Ingredients (per lollipop)
2 green apple Jolly Ranchers
1 large heart sprinkle
1 lollipop stick
- Pre-heat your oven to 300*. Prep your baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- Lay out green Jolly Ranchers in pairs, a few inches apart (you should be able to fit 6-8 sets on a sheet). Make sure the candies are touching each other.
- Slide the pan into the oven and watch them melt. It should only take 5-6 minutes.
- Once they’re melted, pull them out and slide the foil off the pan (this cools it off enough to let a toddler help).
- Press a heart sprinkle into each one, as well as a lollipop stick.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and they should be able to just pop off the foil!
A few tips:
- Obviously you only need the green Jolly Ranchers. Rather than having to go through a bag and waste a ton, just get a bag of green apple Jolly Ranchers from Amazon!
- You want some pretty large heart sprinkles so that little fingers can handle them and push them in. These worked great for us (and I’m saving the rest for Valentine’s Day!).
Leave a Reply